Hawaii State Law requires that all students entering any Hawaii school must submit the following:
- (1) a Tuberculosis (TB) clearance and physical exam
- In addition, the Hawaii Department of Human Services (DHS) requires 3- and 4-year-old students entering Hanalani for the first time to have their TB clearance and physical exam done within one year of their start date.
- (2) a completed Health Record Form (HA-16)
Students who do not meet the requirements will not be permitted to enter school on the first day. The following are the required immunizations:
- 4 DTaP or DPT/Td (diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis)
- 3 Polio (IPV or OPV)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 1 MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
- 1 Varicella (chickenpox)
Time periods between doses must meet the Hawaii Department of Health requirements. Students missing the required immunizations or the required documents will not be permitted to enter school on the first day (Hawaii Administrative Rules Title 11 Chapter 157, Department of Health Immunization Branch 586-8313).
If you have any questions regarding the Hawaii Department of Health requirements, you can contact the Hawaii Immunization Program at 586-8332. You can also call us at (808) 625-0737, extension 450.
Parents of students in the Early Childhood Division of Hanalani Schools who would like to chaperone field trips or help out in the classroom are required to have a negative tuberculin clearance on file in the EC Office. For first-time EC parents, the clearance must be dated within one year.