1. TAP funds are awarded to students/families who demonstrate financial need and who are committed to the mission of Hanalani Schools.
2. To ensure an objective assessment process, Hanalani Schools partners with School and Student Services (SSS). Families submit their information directly to SSS.
3. Financial need is determined by a family's annual income and/or family hardship (i.e. job loss, major illness, etc.)
4. Parents' contributions: Hanalani Schools believes that both parents must be responsible for a child's education; therefore, a family's need is determined by the income statements of both parents, including tax documents.
5. If step-parents are involved, the SSS & the TAP Committee consider all partners' assets and liabilities in determining the level of family need. Non-custodial parents must also submit a TAP application or a third-party verification letter.
6. If multiple children attend tuition-charging schools or colleges, families are expected to apply for tuition assistance at all schools.
7. Temporary unemployment: Families must provide periodic updates regarding new employment and/or demonstrate continued job search.
8. Families must apply for TAP annually.
9. Parents of TAP recipients must complete four hours of service to Hanalani Schools per quarter for each child receiving TAP. High school students in grades 9-12 who are receiving TAP may be the ones to fulfill the service hours.
10. TAP funds are first awarded to students who are currently enrolled and then awarded to new families.
11. To allow Hanalani Schools to assist as many families as possible, families accepting scholarships from other sources will not receive TAP awards.
12. Hanalani Schools expects a family to make the necessary adjustments to their choices of expenditures and not rely solely on Hanalani to supplement tuition.
13. The priority deadline for TAP is March 15, 2018. Families applying for admission to Hanalani Schools after the deadline may apply for TAP. TAP awards following the deadline are on a funds-available basis.
14. Families receiving TAP awards are not eligible for any additional tuition discounts.
15. Child(ren) must be accepted for admission to Hanalani Schools in order for a TAP application to be reviewed.