In 1952, Hanalani Schools began as King’s School, in Wahiawa. Over the next two decades, the school thrived and enrollment grew. The growth necessitated that high school students meet at other locations around Wahiawa.
In 1973, King’s School was incorporated as an independent, non-profit organization and renamed to “Hanalani Schools” (“Hana” meaning Work and “Lani” meaning Heaven).
In 1980, Hanalani Schools purchased six acres in Mililani Town; and in December 1982, the Upper School moved into a new 8-classroom building, now called Founder’s Hall, on the new Mililani campus. The Early Childhood (EC) and Elementary remained at the Wahiawa site until 1986, when the Nishikawa Building was completed and all the school was on one campus.
In 1994, the school constructed the Weinberg Educational Center to provide Early Childhood with their own space and the Upper School with additional classrooms.
In 2005, the Student Activity Center, referred to as “the Dream,” provided the students with a gymnasium, athletic offices, P.E. classroom, library, art and music studios, videography studio, additional classrooms, and offices.
Today, the students continue to thrive, and parents continue to be an integral part of Hanalani’s program. While the campus has evolved, the core values of the school remain central-- “Love God, love others, challenge yourself.” As times and the world around changes, Hanalani teachers and administration continue to seek to provide relevant and meaningful educational experiences that will inspire and equip students to be their best as they pursue their dreams.