Hanalani’s Health Room Guidelines 2022-2023:
Hanalani’s priority is the health and safety of your child. A major take away from the previous two years is the important role of the home in monitoring your child’s health. Should you detect any symptoms, take extra caution to keep your child home. This protects the rest of the student body.
- As per the Hawaii State Department of Health (HDoH) guidelines, if your child has symptoms of COVID-19, please keep your child home from school.
- In order for your child to return to school, he/she will need to be symptom free for 24 hours without any aid from medication.
- Masks are optional. Hanalani’s faculty and staff supports your family decision for your child’s safety.
Should your child become ill, please follow these HDoH guidelines:
Fever (100.4 Fahrenheit or above)
- Please keep your child at home.
- In order for your child to return to school, they will need to be “fever free” for 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medication.
- If your child is sent home from school with a fever, they will need to be absent for at least one day following pick up and until “fever free” for 24 hours.
If your child is sent home from school vomiting, they will need to be absent for at least one day following pick up and until “vomit free” for 24 hours.
- If your child is vomiting, they will need to stay home until “vomit free” for 24 hours.